Board Logo
« Free Yet Caged~ (Open) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 21st, 2017, 11:25pm




« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 2  Notify Send Topic Print
 hotthread  Author  Topic: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)  (Read 814 times)
Lavia & Leera
Second Year
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life~?"

AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 482
xx Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Thread started on: Jun 26th, 2008, 01:29am »

The hall was devoid of students... Perfect.

In a corner, the shadows shift, and then ripple as would the surface of a pond...and then open as it were a butterfly. Within its center emerges a woman, adorned once more in the school's uniform that she was once more uncomfortable being in. Damn. Just when she had gotten at least a bit used to it, something happened and she was back to wearing her old clothes. And now, yet another change...kinda. At least she knew how to move in it without showing off anything...

Forcefully pushing aside the trivial thoughts, Soil's eyes, black and lifeless, ease open and she stands away from the rippling wall of shadows, into the sun struggling to shine through the clouds and windows and into the hall. She stares outside for a long moment, simply...standing there...being here...existing...

It felt quite strange to be back here again... Probably because, this time...it was of her own free will that she return, and not an order from her Master. She continues to stare out, lost in the clouds for what seems like an eternity. Can one feel free while still having a Master...? The thought is pushed aside and she mentally scolds herself. If she was feeling such things, then she shouldn't question it. Having little to no experience with emotions, the woman wasn't going to confuse herself further by dwelling upon it. It would just bring more questions and no answers.

Shaking her head and tearing her dead eyes away from the window, Soil begins down the hall at the casual pace, her feetsteps seeming to echo off the walls because it was so quiet...
User IP Logged

User Image
Setsuka
Third Year
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 824
xx Re: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26th, 2008, 01:43am »

OOC: This thread is mine, hehe... xD;; Come to think of it...I've never really interacted with soil before O.o Just...once, I think? With Miyuki...?

Groaning softly, she placed her head back on her desk, not wanting to move from her seat just yet. The soft sunset colors had already begun to appear, striking her features with the pale lights. Still, she wished not to move. No, she wasn't crying; though it may look like it to someone who would look inside.

The empty classroom made her seem lonely; but that was fine to her. Lonely people tended to avoid others, and that's what she was doing exactly at this moment. She needed some time to herself...to brood. About...what? Nothing certain, but most certainly something needed to be done about this nagging feeling she had at the pit of her stomach. Like butterflies, except not the fluttery kind...but more so, mutant ones. Tharashing against the sides of her stomach as if desperate to break free.

Was that a sign?

Deciding that she had had enough, she pushed herself up with the help of her palms getting pushed against the scratched desk. "Ugh..." she muttered slightly, before gathering her books and her bag up. It was the end of another day...just another one. With nothing interesting happening; it was like she was doing everything methodically. To work and work and work...ocassionaly taking a rest before resuming the work. It was so...boring; however, what choice did she have?

Winding her way through the desks, she took one more look at the lonesome classroom; the still-written on chalkboard...and the chairs half pushed in, half kept out for some poor soul to trip over. One last look...as if it was the last she would ever get.

Sliding the door open, she was about to make her way down the corridor, before stopping at the sign of movement. Or more so, hearing it. She stepped over to take a look, finally spotting the source. A moving figure...and it seemed so strangely familiar. The way the other moved...and the feel she got from her.

Her memory was, unfortunately, working at this time. Her dark blue-gray eyes widened as the one word escaped and slipped from her lips, "Soil...?"
User IP Logged

Lavia & Leera
Second Year
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life~?"

AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 482
xx Re: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26th, 2008, 9:01pm »

Halting as the door slides open several feet in front of her, the woman immediately halts and takes a swift step backwards, as though preparing to flee. Which she had been until she realized that using the shadows to carry her away would only attract attention rather than evade it. And thus, Soil stands there, body posture straight and her eyes hard, cold, and dead as they follow the figure as they step out of the doorway and turn their head. Her eyes meet theirs boldly...

...And the shadows give a dangerous hiss that echoes throughout the hallway as the DarkShadow recognizes whom it was.

They had met briefly. Only once, she believed. It had been when Ochina had showed his face to retrieve her for their Master. She was no target, nor an enemy...but certainly a threat. She hadn't done anything against Soil herself. That was one thing for her to note, which she does in her mind and files it away within her consciousness. As far as the information she had gathered about her, actually...she knew Maika...quite well.

Staring at Setsuka indifferently, Soil merely observes her, the abruptly, loud hiss lowering to a whisper, but still there, ever present. "...Setsuka." She replies, confirming that she was whom the woman had first thought. Then there is a pause. "...I am..quite surprised you remember me."
User IP Logged

User Image
Setsuka
Third Year
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 824
xx Re: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Reply #3 on: Jun 26th, 2008, 11:53pm »

Taking no notice of the noise the shadows created, Setsuka could only stare at the female it front of her; eyes captivated by the person she had not seen for...well, she could not remember how long. If she could not, then it was most certainly far too long a time. She still remembered the other's eyes; cold and lifeless. That was an attribute she would never forget, especially when faced with it once more.

'It's a miracle I still remember her name,' she thought to herself dryly, remembering how awful she was in remembering names, yet knowing their face. Unconcerned by the kettle-whistling shadows in the background, Setsuka still struggled to remain calm. She had thousands of questions to ask; not knowing where to start, yet it was better if she kept silent for now. It was not the time to bombard the other with her inquires.

At the sound of her name, she inclined her head shortly, keeping her gaze on Soil during the short procedure. "I could say the same to you," she responded, holding her head up high once again. It had startled her some when the other remembered her; there was nothing about her that could have kept a permanent burn on the others memory. Nothing...

Or perhaps there was. Something they both had in common; Maika. Said girl had been Soil's first friend, apparently...and she had, at that time, a growing suspicion that the object of her growing affections had also felt something for the female standing in front of her.
User IP Logged

Lavia & Leera
Second Year
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life~?"

AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 482
xx Re: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Reply #4 on: Jun 27th, 2008, 12:04am »

She felt uncertain as to respond properly to the situation, which was a difficult thing for her to get over quickly. Normally, she'd know. But being stared at like she was something worth acknowledging... That she couldn't handle. And so, Soil takes the only other option she sees besides asking something and starting a conversation to a threat.

She closes her eyes, breaking visual contact (her shadows would see anything suspicious for her and react properly anyways). Pushing forward into a casual walk, with her feet making the slightest of noise against the floor below her, the DarkShadow treads up to Setsuka...and then past her. She halts just behind her, but doesn't turn. Instead, her eyes ease open to stare ahead indifferently. "Not really. I remember everybody..." There's a long pause. "Should I be concerned that you remember me?" Without waiting for an answer, she begins to walk once more, intending on leaving the woman behind.

Leading a social interaction was hardly her strength, let alone a necessity unless gathering information. She had made the mistake of befriending someone before... She would not let it happen again.
User IP Logged

User Image
Setsuka
Third Year
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 824
xx Re: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Reply #5 on: Jun 27th, 2008, 01:05am »

She couldn't help but let a small smirk settle on her face as the other closer her eyes and passed. It was left there; faint, but still visible. Yet in the dark, it could have been passed off for something else.

Soil was indifferent as always. That was fine; she would have been a tad concerned if the other wasn't. The question was heard, but straight after was also the sound of footsteps resounding on the tiled floor. Setsuka's eyes flickered briefly, "You could be." She stated softly, before turning to watch the other leave, unconcerned that her response may not have been heard.

Ah, but she had no intention of letting the female go without having a few of her questions answered. And no, she cared not for the protective shadows that seemed to have a mind of their own. But neither did she intend to use any form of elemental protection either. Besides...she found that she was quite incapable to do so at this moment. Deciding not to rush after Soil, she settled to state her business loud and clear.

"Do you know what happened to Maika?"

Yes, her voice rang with suspicion.
User IP Logged

Lavia & Leera
Second Year
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life~?"

AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 482
xx Re: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Reply #6 on: Jun 27th, 2008, 01:16am »

The very mention of the name within the question brings her to an immediate halt. For a moment, there's only that name, those memories, that happiness and friendship...and then the sadness that followed. Minutes pass, and it almost seems as though the DarkShadow doesn't untend to answer at all, when in fact she was struggling to block out those memories and those emotions...and regain control of her consciousness.

Finally, Soil's back starightens and bit more. Her head turns slightly, just enough to look back at Setsuka with slightly irritated ebony irises...a look rarely portrayed upon her face. She didn't show emotion, and yet here she was, expressing her annoyance for bringing up a subject that she wished to bury. "Why would I know?" She asks, the tone becoming quite balanced and giving no indication of whether or not she knew. "But if you're poking at the possibility that I harmed her, then tread lightly off that path and choose a new one that's less dangerous..."
User IP Logged

User Image
Setsuka
Third Year
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 824
xx Re: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Reply #7 on: Jun 27th, 2008, 01:24am »

She had struck something; she knew it. By the faltered steps, and the stiff back that followed. Her smirk was gone, and all that was left was a look that was hardly seen. Never...she would never show the expression she held now to anyone she knew. Much less any of her friends; but she didn't consider Soil a part of the latter...or the prior. She knew her, yes. But not personally. And frankly...that didn't bother her in the slightest.

Setsuka stared defiantly back, "How could I have known if you knew?" She countered, but it was no longer a verbal fight. She was used to those now; countering with a wide expanse of vocabulary. She didn't want to now; she wasn't interested. What she wanted were definite answers, not 'I don't knows' or anything along those lines.

She didn't flinch at the would-be threat. It was empty to her. A small, bitter laugh escaped her lips, "Nothing can threaten me now; you'd best save your breath...if you have any to be able to." She inhaled slightly, before exhaling, as if sighing. Her words were low, even for her. And she regretted it. She didn't know if Soil was affected by it, but she was more so concerned with her guilt.

And she knew that things could survive without breathing. Oh yes, reality was no longer as it seemed now.

"I don't care about what you say; I know you know something." Ah...the words of desperation. Something that didn't shine through her tone, but her mind was scrambling for it.
User IP Logged

Lavia & Leera
Second Year
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life~?"

AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 482
xx Re: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Reply #8 on: Jun 27th, 2008, 01:50am »

Staring back at Setsuka, Soil's eyes narrow and the shadows about the hall shift, but never leave their stationed spots, instead hissing loudly once more in response to her eyes. She turns to fully face the woman, but doesn't say anything immediately. What was there to say? What right did this individual have to know such things? Why should she give out such information in the first place, especially someone whom she felt as a threat, and a possible enemy in the future, near or far.

"You have no right to know." Soil finally answers, again turning away and beginning down the hall again. She didn't have time for this. This person had no right to know... ... ...Damn, then why did she feel the need to tell? Halting once more, the DarkShadow seems to hesitate about something. This was someone whom she had disliked from the very beginning. She was friends with the enemy, and could possibly be one herself already. Passing on any kind of information to an opponent was unacceptable...

Closing her eyes, Soil oddly feels conflicted. The shadows shift almost nervously, as though not knowing what to do, or how to react properly to her confusing thoughts. Finally, her eyes snap back open and she turns half way to look at Setsuka once more, frowning. "She's safe. Isn't that enough?"
User IP Logged

User Image
Setsuka
Third Year
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 824
xx Re: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Reply #9 on: Jun 27th, 2008, 02:04am »

She was about to point out that she did, before something stopped her. Perhaps...she really didn't. She had always regarded herself as one of the people who cared for Maika the most. Never actually thinking why...and Soil had a point. Soil had a reason. She faltered; her voice dying in her throat as she realised that she was not going to get any sort of answer from the other. Not a satisfying one, anyway.

She was about to take her leave also, when the other paused once more. Curious, yet not wanting to know why, she stalled herself, waiting to see what would happen. Her eyes did not move away from Soil's form; disregarding the shadows all together and the sounds they created. It was totally impossible...but she made herself stay.

Setsuka was disappointed; not the answer she wanted. "I have no right to know, but you tell me anyway?" This was a bad move; she should not be provoking the other in any way. "She is safe, and that is enough...but I want to know more." She quirked an eyebrow, dismissing her nervous feelings and doubt that gnawed at her mind. "...do you really think that just knowing would be enough?"

Her tone was bitter once again; not unlike the laugh that had resounded earlier. It was too complex to explain; she would not bother to start now.
User IP Logged

Lavia & Leera
Second Year
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life~?"

AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 482
xx Re: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Reply #10 on: Jun 27th, 2008, 02:12am »

"Will any answer satisfy you, really?" She asks instead of answering or responding to the bait of antaginizing her. With the other DarkShadows, she was far beyond their petty games. She wouldn't rise up to punish their words unless she really had a reason to. Like the last one that crossed her path to say something about the very person that Setsuka wished to knows about now. They were no longer a DarkShadow, nor a dead body walking around. They simply no longer existed.

There were only three things that now forced Soil to rise up to the bait. One was known by quite a few, the other known by all (but of course nobody was stupid enough to challenge her Master), and the last was completely unknown to all but herself and the demon that owned her.

Soil waits patiently for her answer, if she was even getting one. It was a difficult quesiton, she knew. If she had been asked that...she wouldn't be able to give a response at all. But that was her. Not even the other DarkShadow were like her...
User IP Logged

User Image
Setsuka
Third Year
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 824
xx Re: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Reply #11 on: Jun 27th, 2008, 02:26am »

She shifted slightly; one arm coming up to caress the other in a slow tapping motion. It was a habit she had gotten rid of finally...but still, the odd urge to do so came up once in a while. It helped her to think, even if it was a tad annoying at times. Slow, gentle hits to the beat of her heart, the latter just a bit faster.

The question...it was something she should think about. But really...what was there to think about? The answer had already been formed in her head, but was this a test? If so...she cared nothing for it. "Yes," she stated simply, "Any answer will do. Because...if it is something I wish not to hear about it...then if it is a lie, at least make in convincing." In her head, there is no right or wrong answer.

'Safe' didn't necessarily bring Setsuka's worry to rest. Who knew what it meant to the other? And...if Soil was about to tell her (if), and it was something she didn't want to know...well, it would be better if the other made her believe the lie. "It won't satisfy me fully, but I will be satisfied with it for now." She gave a small shrug, but one could clearly see she was troubled.

Her attention was kept upon the female, never noticing the slight breeze that wrapped around her, so used to the feeling it was...yet, it was a sign that she was losing her control over her feelings. However, it was not a feeling of murder, or of bitterness...
User IP Logged

Lavia & Leera
Second Year
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life~?"

AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 482
xx Re: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Reply #12 on: Jun 27th, 2008, 02:40am »

Soil watches the woman carefully as she speaks, her gaze casually following the taps of her fingers against her uniform as well as the air pressure that she can feel building around her. If she lost control...the DarkShadow would react upon pure instinct, and that end up in a fight. She didn't feel like fighting now...

She had done enough in the war.

......A war they had lost.

"She got involved in something she shouldn't have. She found out stuff that she shouldn't have known. I merely protected her from the consequences. War, especially against different worlds, are vicious and unmerciful." There's a pause. "...She was not harmed, and she is safe. She was spared by the war, my Master, and my own fate. Be happy that she was not turned into something like me."

Because, once someone found out too much, normally Pangizor would either kill them and leave them...or kill them and turn them into a DarkShadow. Maika was spared from both. "Be satisfied with the facts that she was spared, and that I will rip apart any DarkShadow that nears her." Her eyes bore into Setsuka's, cold and lifeless, blank yet at the same time so filled with truth.
User IP Logged

User Image
Setsuka
Third Year
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 824
xx Re: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Reply #13 on: Jun 27th, 2008, 03:00am »

Her head...she suddenly felt like a giant had finally plucked his hand off her head; releasing her from his pressure. "I...I see..." The faint reply came, which was all she could say at this point. The knowledge of how close Maika had been to danger of any sort...it was unbelievable that she had come out unscathed. More so that Soil's 'master' had allowed that to happen. The faint breeze grew slightly stronger, causing her light-brown hair to waver a little, then it died down all together.

She's safe...

"I...thank you," She bowed stiffly, "It was not for my cause, that I know completely, but I...well, I appreciate it." She nodded, "I am satisfied." Was this it? The only thing she wanted to know?

Her other questions had been answered already while the other was trying to answer one. Soil left, she guessed, because of a war...that had not gone too well, apparently.

"Why did you come back?"

That was the one. Soil came here...to kill someone, or something to that extent. Did that mean she was to try again? Or had she just forgotten Soil's purpose for being here in the first place?
User IP Logged

Lavia & Leera
Second Year
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life~?"

AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 482
xx Re: Free Yet Caged~ (Open)
« Reply #14 on: Jun 27th, 2008, 03:09am »

The change in the atmosphere is immediately noticed and noted, but nothing changes at all in Soil's posture as the wind picks up, and then dies completely off. Looking away, she completely ignores the gratitude. A DarkShadow, of all creatures, shouldn't be thanked. She misunderstood that, and would need to figure that out soon.

DarkShadows were ruthless beings whom only brought death to their targets, no matter how many years it took them to deliver it. Although Maika had...changed her...Soil was still no different.

The question barely resgisters within her mind, but after a few moments, it seems to hit harder than it should have, and the woman's eyes shift to regard her a bit suspiciously. That was ground she didn't need to tread upon. "That is of my own business." She answers smoothly, almost casually.
User IP Logged

User Image
Pages: 1 2  Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »



Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls